What kind of procedure is it and what are its advantages?
IPL photorejuvenation is an innovative cosmetic technology that radically improves the appearance of the skin and has a rapid rejuvenation effect. It is a multifunctional procedure that treats several cosmetic skin defects in a single procedure. During the procedure, external manifestations of age-related changes (age spots, spider veins, scars, edema, wrinkles) are removed, blood supply improves, and cell renewal is stimulated.
The procedure is suitable for persons over 30 years old when the first involutional processes begin. Photorejuvenation treatment is a safe and effective way to look 5-10 years younger without “beauty injections” and surgical intervention!
The procedure has several advantages:
– Comfort. No special preparation required. The patient feels a pleasant warmth.
– Instant results. After one session, small dilated vessels and superficial pigmentation spots disappear. The formation of new “young” cells begins during the first procedure.
– Long lasting effect. The rejuvenation processes start after the first session. The revitalization effect accumulates within 2-3 months after the end of the course of procedures.
– No risk of burns and other injuries to the skin, thanks to the selective effect and precisely verified treatment protocols for any phototype.
– Atraumatic. The integrity of the skin is not disturbed during the procedure.
– Lack of rehabilitation. Redness of the skin disappears within 1-2 hours after the session. The patient can immediately return to normal life.
– Multifunctionality. Photorejuvenation is safe and effective for areas of the face, neck, décolleté, arms, forearms and back.
What problems does it solve?
- vascular defects
- acne and rosacea
- “sagging” face contour
- dark circles under the eyes
- enlarged pores
How does the procedure work?
Laser light pulses penetrate through the upper layer of the skin and interact with collagen, stained areas (melanin, hemoglobin), and adjacent tissues. The energy from the ray is absorbed, which leads to selective heating.
As a result, cells with an excessive amount of melanin are destroyed – pigment spots disappear, hemoglobin in the dilated capillaries melts – spider veins leave, the “old” collagen dies (the protein responsible for skin elasticity), which accelerates the formation of a new, healthier collagen.
What is the result?
Procedure make the skin tightened, smoothed out fine wrinkles, narrowed pores and a make it less oily. Pigment spots will disappear or lighten. The alignment of an oval face and natural even skin tone become obvious. As a result of the procedure, several skin problems will be solved: treatment of acne and rosacea, correction of enlarged pores, and removal of pigmentation (due to the natural synthesis of collagen and elastin). The procedure also helps to remove spider veins and various vascular lesions (for example, birthmarks) on the face and body.
On top of these benefits, the treatment provides an aesthetic transformation of the skin – lightening and evening the tone, increasing elasticity, improving the texture of the skin due to a making it less oily, and stimulation of collagen production.
The face skin looks more youthful, toned, refreshed, without fine wrinkles and folds.
How many procedures are required to complete the course?
Some skin problems, such as fine pigmentation and age/sun spots, can be resolved in just 1-2 treatments. A full course of photorejuvenation consists of 4-6 procedures, which are carried out with an interval of 3-4 weeks.
The cumulative anti-aging effect observed within 3 days after the first procedure and lasts for 2-3 weeks.
For a lasting effect, to carry out a course of procedures every 6-12 months is recommended.
Do not use if one or more of the following applies to you:
- Skin cancer
- Allergic to photo radiation
- Pregnant or lactating
Take caution before using if one or more of the following applies to you:
- Infectious diseases in the acute phase
- Avoid sun exposure for 15-30 days after the procedure
- Inflamed skin
- Fresh tan less than 2 weeks ago
Skin care after the procedure
- Discomfort in the treatment area (burning, redness, swelling, crusts) can persist for 1 to 7 days. After 1-3 procedures the aggravation of the process can happen (new rashes, for example) and this is the norm. Darkening of the pigment spot after the procedure is normal. The damaged pigment should peel off within 7-14 days.
- After the procedure need to use one of the prescribed preparations – Panthenol-spray, Bepanthen cream or Cicaplast B5 50 SPF for 4-7 days 2-3 times a day. Also other concomitant recommendations prescribed by the doctor.
- For 2 weeks it is necessary to avoid thermal procedures (sauna, hot baths, etc.), as well as to exert any traumatic effects on the skin (mechanical, chemical peelings and dermabrasion).
- ATTENTION! Due to the increased sensitivity of the skin to ultraviolet light, which may occur after the laser procedure, it is necessary to keep away direct sun rays on the skin for 4 weeks or use sunscreen with a protection factor of 30-50 SPF, renewing the cream every 2-3 hours.
- Decorative cosmetics are possible to apply after 48 hours.
- In case of any complications, you should immediately contact your doctor and follow his instructions.
- A second procedure usually performed in 3-4 weeks. On average, the course is consist of 4-8 procedures once in 3-4 weeks. The number of procedures is individual, cannot be predicted and depends on adherence to the doctor’s recommendations, as well as on the many individual characteristics of each patient.
- Cosmetological face cleansing shall be doing no earlier than 7-10 days after this procedure.