Clean, healthy skin is the key to self-confidence. More than half of all visits to a dermatologist are associated with acne. Symptoms of acne include enlarged pores, oily sheen, blackheads, inflammation and acne scars. Although acne is considered a teenage condition, now it’s rather frequent cases for adults as well. Taking control of acne is a real problem, it is a chronic inflammatory disease of the sebaceous glands.
A large number of doctors agree that the most effective and gentle way to treat acne is acne phototherapy (IPL-technology). The IPL acne treatment program has a powerful bactericidal effect on the skin and reduces sebum production without side effects. The doctors of our clinic successfully treat acne and post-acne with an IPL procedure. IPL acne treatment significantly reduce the number of rashes, normalize increased sebum secretion, as well as prevent and reduce the effects of acne.
What is IPL acne treatment? What are its advantages?
Phototherapy on the IPL M22 Lumenis laser is one of the most effective methods of treating acne in modern dermatology. IPL phototherapy on M22 is a two directions treatment, the procedure guarantees both anti-inflammatory and anti-toxic effect. No other technique has yet had such a powerful bactericidal effect.
The IPL system is based on BroadBand pulsed light technology. The light activates porphyrin, a special pigment produced by the bacteria Propionibacterium Acnes. Porphyrin begins to generate singlet oxygen, which is fixed on the cell membranes of these bacteria, destroying them and at the same time significantly reducing the activity of the sebaceous glands.
How is the procedure going?
During acne treatment with the IPL system, short pulses of intense light are emitted from the applicator to the skin. Flashes of light stick together the capillaries that feed the sebaceous gland. Due to a lack of nutrition, the sebaceous gland is forced to reduce the production of sebum. Thus, bacteria lose their nutrient medium, their number is reduced. As a result, the number of new skin rashes is reduced, and existing comedones are removed. IPL phototherapy removes the root cause of acne. As an additional option for acne treatment, the M22 device can be used with the Acne filter, which has an antibacterial effect on the skin.
When will I see the results?
Depending on the severity of acne, 4-6 sessions are usually required with a break of 4 weeks between treatments to see an improvement in skin condition – the skin is 80-90% cleared of acne!
Technology solves several problems:
– noticeable reduction in blackheads and comedones;
– reduction of aesthetic problems after acne: hyperpigmentation, redness, oily shine of the face, reduction of pore diameter, post-inflammatory spots;
– improving the general condition of the skin: increased skin elasticity, improving skin tone, alignment face colour, improving skin texture.
It’s forbidden to carry out treatment for these diseases:
- diabetes mellitus;
- blood diseases;
- chronic and severe hypertension;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- skin damage;
- acute respiratory viral diseases and other viral infections;
- newly acquired tan.
Why choose an acne treatment in Aether Clinic?
– Acne treatment at Aether Clinic allows you to get rid of unaesthetic rashes and inflammations in the gentle way. Our doctors operate according to modern protocols and use only those algorithms that are suitable for the patient.
– Expressed positive result. Phototherapy guarantees anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and sebum-regulating action, which leads to complete cleansing of the skin in the number of sessions prescribed by the doctor.
– Combined approach. The combination of techniques affects all skin structures, which generates a powerful treating effect.
– Personalized approach. Doctors use a systematic and comprehensive approach to acne treatment in order to identify the cause and “cure” it, and at the same time work on the skin quality, eliminating the effects of acne such as pimples, comedones, scars, etc. Drug therapy can be prescribed as well as special care for the period of treatment, some cosmetic procedures, etc.
– No rehabilitation period. IPL treatment does not require lifestyle changes and long-term recovery.
– Improvement of the skin condition. The laser not only eliminates the current problem, but also removes old scars, restores an even complexion.