What kind of procedure, what are its advantages?
With normal aging, many women start noticing symptoms related to their vaginal health that can negatively affect their lifestyle. Nearly 50% of post-menopausal women suffer from stress urinary incontinence and nearly 80% suffer from some degree of vaginal atrophy resulting in various symptoms such as vaginal dryness, itchiness, or burning, pain while having sex, and mild vaginal prolapse.
Many women who have undergone childbirth will also experience symptoms related to vaginal laxity which can have a severe impact on their sexual satisfaction. Vaginal laxity can lead to decreased sensation and sensitivity during intercourse. Many wrongly think this is the norm and nothing can be done to improve this situation, that this is part of the aging process.
Laser rejuvenation FemTouch of the intimate area is a non-invasive (without surgery) procedure that improves the appearance of the vulva, increases the elasticity of the vagina, and renews the mucous membrane. FemTouch positions you at the forefront of women’s health technology, while expanding your practice offer.
- wide range of applications
- minimally invasive technique
- safety of the procedure
- the effect lasts 8-12 months
What problems does it solve (testimony)?
Decreased sexual sensitivity
- Discomfort and / or pain during sex
- Recovery in the postpartum period (especially in the presence of surgical interventions during childbirth)
- Discomfort, itching and burning in the intimate area due to age-related changes in the body (menopause)
- Age-related changes in the external genital organs
- Hyperpigmentation of the intimate area
- Stress urinary incontinence
How is the procedure going?
FemTouch applies laser energy directly to internal vaginal tissue in order to restore it back to a normal healthy functioning state. The FemTouch probe is inserted into the vagina to focus fractional CO2 laser beams along the entire vaginal wall. The laser creates tiny controlled micro-injuries in order to promote the remodeling of the vaginal mucous epithelium layer (vaginal lining). In response, the process of neocollagenogenesis starts – the production of its own collagen, which is responsible for the elasticity and strength of the skin and mucous membranes. Thus, the body independently regenerates the “affected” areas with young healthy cells.
Before the procedure, the patient must be prepared, including examination on the gynecological chair and ultrasound, taking tests.
The recovery period after intimate rejuvenation with a CO2 laser lasts only a week and is painless and calm. You need to use a special moisturizer, which will be prescribed by a doctor, refuse to visit the bath, sauna and pool, and do not use tampons. Within 3 days after the procedure, it is necessary to exclude sexual activity.
After the recovery period, the tone of the vagina and the elasticity of the tissues will noticeably increase, which will affect the improvement of the quality of intimate life, general well-being.
What are the results of the procedure?
Patients note a narrowing of the vagina and an increase in its moisture content and elasticity. The shape and size of the labia are visually improved, and the mucous membrane is renewed during the course of procedures. The quality of sexual life is significantly improved.
When will I see the results?
The recommended number of laser intimate rejuvenation procedures depends on the age and condition of the patient:
- 1-2 procedures prescribe for prophylaxis, as well as for young patients
- 3-4 courses recommend to achieve a therapeutic effect (especially with age-related changes) with an interval of 4-6 weeks
FemTouch treatment is performed by high qualified doctor-gynecologist at Aether Clinic.
- Pregnancy and the puerperium (up to 8 weeks postpartum)
- Pathological or menstrual excretion from the genital tract
- Chronic inflammatory diseases of the genitourinary system
- The presence of atypical cells in smears / suspicion of an oncological process
- Condition after augmentation in the intimate area for 6-12 months
- Descent of the walls of the vagina 3-4 stages.