What kind of procedure, what are its advantages?
Permanent hair removal is only possible with devices that guarantee the destruction of the hair follicle. Laser LightSheer Duet gives a stable, long lasting result. It uses the clinically proven technology of diode lasers, which allows painless and effective removal of undesired hair permanently. The laser beam affects the melanin contained in the shaft and hair follicle and as a result of heating to a certain temperature, the hair follicle is destroyed.
Advantages of the procedure:
- The procedure is suitable for all skin types and removes even fair hair:
remove light and even gray hair; remove undesired hair both on light and dark skin.
- The procedure is comfortable and painless because of technology of vacuum amplification and contact cooling, which neutralize painful sensations.
- Short procedure time – whole body in 45 min!
- Results after the 1st procedure.
- No rehabilitation required. Hair removal with the LightSheer Duet doesn’t damage the skin.
How the LightSheer DUET laser works
The core of the procedure is the point effect of a laser beam on the hair follicle. When exposed to high temperatures, the follicle is destroyed, thus preventing future hair growth.
With the help of a vacuum, the skin is pulled as close as possible to the laser radiation source. The main target of any laser hair removal process is melanin. Melanin molecules absorb the laser beam, heat up and destroy the hair follicle. Thus, all the laser energy during laser hair removal is directed to the bulbs. Follicles in the active stage die immediately, which excludes the possibility of repeated regrowth of the hair shaft.
From procedure to procedure, the hairs imperceptibly fall out, and the skin acquires the desired smoothness. The contact cooling of the ET handle provides instant skin cooling between flashes when treating delicate areas.
The vacuum system shortens the distance between the hair follicle and the laser pulse. Because of it the LightSheer can be used on any part of the body and face.
What problems does it solve?
LightSheer Duet Laser is a universal method for removing undesired hair:
- Hair removal for aesthetic purposes
- Hair removal for hypertrichosis and hirsutism
- Hair removal in preparation for plastic surgery
- Removal of ingrown hair
How is the procedure going?
Laser hair removal – is a treatment that helps to effectively remove undesired hair without harming the skin. A ray of light formed by connecting diodes into a single beam emits thermal energy. It penetrates deeply into the skin, absorbs melanin (a biological pigment responsible for skin and hair color) and heats it up. This leads to the destruction of the hair follicle. Thus both the hair itself and its root are removed. With each subsequent procedure, hair growth in the laser-treated area first slows down significantly and then stops.
Recommendations before the visit:
- 3 weeks before the procedure do not use mechanical methods of hair removal: wax, sugaring, tweezers and do not use an electric epilator
- 2 weeks before it is necessary to exclude tanning on direct sunlight and visiting a solarium
- stop taking antibiotics 14 days before the session
- 3 days before the procedure stop using 3 days alcohol-based lotions / tonics in areas of upcoming hair removal;
- the day before the treatment, it is necessary to smoothly shave off all hair in the place of the upcoming laser hair removal session with a shaving razor (except for the face area for women)
What are the results of the procedure?
- Termination of hair growth in the treated area after a course of procedures.
- The number of removed hair with each procedure increases and reaches a maximum at the end of the entire course of laser hair removal (the number of sessions individually). If necessary, single hairs remove approximately once every 6 months.
- No skin irritation.
- Long lasting effect.
- Getting rid of ingrown hair.
When will I see the results?
The diode laser is able to remove up to 50% of the hair in the active growth phase by the first procedure. Over the next 2-3 weeks, there is a gradual process of activation of the “sleeping hair” therefor the procedure will need to be repeated.
To achieve the ideal effect, it is necessary to take a course of 6-8 procedures. The number of procedures will be selected by a doctor at a first consultation.
Lasers are more effective when hair is at an early stage of growth. As not all hair will be at the same growth stage at the same time, you will need several procedures to remove undesirable hair.
- diseases of the nervous system (epilepsy)
- inflammatory skin diseases in the hair removal zone
- oncological diseases of a benign and malignant nature
- dermatitis in the acute stage
Skin care after the procedure
Slight redness may persist for 2-3 hours after laser hair removal.
To achieve the maximum effect of the procedure, it is necessary to strictly observe the frequency of sessions prescribed by the physician, and adhere to the recommendations for further skin care:
– don’t take sunbathes or visit the solarium for 2-4 weeks after the procedure;
– don’t visit the pool and sauna for at least 7 days after the session;
– protect the treated zone from sunlight and use a cream with SPF protection of at least 50+;
During the course of laser hair removal procedures, awakened hair most often begins to grow unevenly. In some areas hair growth stops completely, in others it grows in tufts or more intensively. This reaction of the body to the procedure is normal and should not be a cause for concern.
Experts recommend notice the areas where hair growth is most intense and uneven and inform doctor performing the procedure at the next visit.
Differences between laser hair removal technologies
Diode lasers, with it’s unique technology, have gone far ahead. The advantage of the diode laser in the handle design that makes contact with the skin and eliminates the loss of power due to scattering or reflection. The power in our question is the most important thing.
The diode laser removes hair that has not even grown to the surface of the skin. You might do not see them yet, but they are there and the laser will remove them. Alexandrite penetrates better, but does not notice deep-lying hair and cannot remove it.
Laser hair removal on a diode laser can be done for people with any phototype, that is even dark-skinned patients, and on alexandrite only for 1-2 phototypes, which have little melanin in the skin. If there is a lot of melanin, there will be a burn.
During the procedure, the alexandrite laser smells burnt hair, which can be aesthetically unpleasant. There are no smells on the diode laser, but you have to wait about 10 days until the dead hairs fall out on their own. The alexandrite laser is much more painful than the diode laser, so the duration of the procedure is significantly increased, in contrast to the diode laser, where we can process the whole body in 45 minutes and without painful sensations.
Neodymium laser, unlike a diode laser, is painful and is usually performed using pain relieving gels. The increased painfulness of procedures with a neodymium laser is associated with its deep penetration under the skin (up to 8 millimeters) and high operating power.
A large range of exposure is also a disadvantage: radiation heats not only the hair follicle, but also the skin. For sensitive skin, this may be a contraindication to the procedure. The most common side effects are burns, irritation, scarring. The neodymium laser (its acting part) is large enough, therefore, it is impossible to carry out laser hair removal on the upper lip or between the eyebrows. Procedure has a number of gynecological contraindications, it is necessary to consult a doctor.
The neodymium laser has been specially developed for those with dark skin. It does not destroy the hair follicle itself, but the vessels that feed the hair.
Do not expect that immediately after the procedure you will see the desired result – instead of using the diode laser, it will be noticeable in a couple of weeks. A stable result achieve after a course of 10-12 procedures.