Ultherapy is a unique method of non-surgical face contour lifting, forehead, eyelid, neck and décolleté lifting without rehabilitation and seasonal restrictions. The procedure is performed on the Ulthera System and is the effect of ultrasound on the muscular aponeurotic layer (SMAS) located under the layer of adipose tissue.
How it works?
With age, under the influence of gravity and the natural aging process (sometimes as a result of rapid weight loss), tissues lose their elasticity, skin and muscles stretch, and the oval of the face loses its clarity. After a certain age, simple skin tightening is no longer enough to return the face to its youthful shape.
SMAS-facelift involves deep tissue lifting at the level of the superficial muscular aponeurotic system, which means not only skin, but muscles as well. Deep SMAS-lifting of tissues includes lifting of the skin, subcutaneous fat, facial muscles, fascia, collagen and elastin fibers. Ultherapy creates a pronounced and long-term rejuvenation effect.
Ultrasound waves penetrate to a depth of 5 mm, causing punctate thermal contraction and tissue compaction. As a result, a kind of internal frame is formed, which tightens the tissues and holds them in this position for a long time.
The procedure is performed under ultrasound guidance, which allows the doctor to accurately determine the depth and intensity of the ultrasound exposure.
The procedure, as a rule, lasts from 0.5-1.5 hours, depending on the complexity of the correction, it is absolutely painless and does not cause any side effects, there is no recovery period. It is important to note that the SMAS lifting can be performed in the summer, even on tanned skin.
Ultrasound SMAS-lifting Ultherapy perfectly combines any injection and laser procedures as rejuvenation, peeling, resurfacing, botulinum therapy, contour plastics.
The first results are visible immediately after the procedure – the face is visibly tightened and becomes clearer, then the effect grows and lasts up to 18 months. After 2-3 years, the procedure can be repeated.
- Clarity of oval and facial features
- Elimination of ptosis of the upper eyelids
- Restoration of the oval shape
- Lifting tissue in the cheek area
- Restoration of symmetry
- Eyebrow lift
- Neck and décolleté skin lifting
- Smoothing of wrinkles and folds
- Raising the corners of the eyebrows and lips
- Elimination of double chin
- Increased skin density
- Body skin tightening
The rehabilitation period after Ultherapy takes a short time and is associated with a possible slight edema.
A big advantage of the treatment is that just one procedure every few years is enough to obtain an excellent result, without surgery, stitches and cuts!
Indications for the procedure
Ultrasound SMAS- lifting Ultherapy can deal with most of the external signs of skin aging associat-ed with loss of skin and muscle tone. These include:
- Age-related changes associated with ptosis
- Loss of clarity of the oval of the face
- Drooping eyebrows, overhanging and excess skin of the upper eyelids
- Flattening of the middle part of the cheek, deepening of the nasolabial folds
- Changes in the contour of the lower third of the face (loss of clarity)
- Lowering the corners of the lips
- Laxity and sagging of the skin of the chin and neck
- Prevention of age-related ptosis of the soft tissues of the face and neck
Contraindications to the procedure
Contraindications to the Ultherapy are the presence of wounds and inflammations in the area of exposure. It is not recommended to do SMAS-lifting in areas with mechanical and silicone implants, permanent dermal fillers. It is not recommended to affect keloid scars, the area of the thyroid gland and large blood vessels. Also contraindications include:
- pregnancy and lactation
- systemic diseases of the connective tissue (these include scleroderma, systemic lupus erythemato-sus)
- general diseases of an infectious type, skin lesions in the places of the alleged exposure
- the presence of metal implants in the face and neck area (at the same time, contraindications do not include dental implants, dental crowns, “golden threads”).
Why Choose Ultherapy at Aether Clinic
- In our clinic we use the original Ulthera System device, we are one of the official clinics-providers of the Ultherapy procedure. Many clinics offer SMAS lifting services using analogues of the Ulthe-ra System. Currently the Ulthera® System is the only non-invasive ultrasound SMAS-lifting device that uses the patented Ulthera® DeepSEE real-time imaging technology at a depth of 8 mm. In 2009, Ulthera® DeepSEE technology was officially approved by the FDA (US Food and Drug Administration). Before the device was approved for use, the manufacturing company conducted preclinical and clinical studies for 9 years, which proved the effectiveness, safety and uniqueness of this technology.
- Highly qualified and experienced doctors. The procedure is performed only by certified doctors who have been trained and received a certificate for the Ultherapy procedure.
- Effective lifting without surgery. The big advantage of the Ultherapy SMAS lifting is that you get the result of both a surgical facelift without a scalpel, long-term rehabilitation, stitches and incisions.
- More than a thousand satisfied patients. The quality of the services provided and the assessment of our work are very important for our clinic. Therefore, quality is the key word in our work.
- Profitable offer. Monthly special offers, our customer loyalty cards, 10% discount on the first visit, make Ultherapy more affordable.