Correction of facial wrinkles by injections
What kind of procedure is it and what are its advantages?
Every day, our facial muscles make more than 15,000 movements, as a result, by the age of 25, a thin but already noticeable network of facial wrinkles forms on the forehead, brow, and around the eyes. At first, these imperfections can be hidden by regular cosmetics but the effectiveness of these cosmetics fades over time.
As a result, an aesthetic problem arises that causes significant distress even at a young age and only worsens over time. The problem you’re faced with is how to deal effectively with facial wrinkles. Deep wrinkles between the eyebrows, horizontal wrinkles on the forehead and “crow’s feet” can negatively affect one’s daily life, even from a young age.
An effective and time-tested way to restore skin smoothness and to eliminate all sorts of wrinkles is an injection of drugs based on botulinum toxin – Botox and Dysport. Injections of this type cause permanent muscle relaxation, due to which wrinkles disappear or, in especially difficult cases, become noticeably smaller. The skin in the treated area is smoothed and becomes more radiant and youthful looking.
At our center, the procedure is carried out with the highest level of professionalism, the injection methods are given great attention, and the drugs are purchased only from official and reputable retailers.
Benefits of the procedure:
- No rehabilitation period
- The total procedure time is 10 -15 minutes
What problems does it solve?
The use of drugs based on botulinum toxin type A are effective mainly in the correction of facial wrinkles, i.e. those wrinkles that are formed when certain muscles are stressed.
The use of Botox has been proven effective in the following cases:
- facial wrinkles between the eyebrows, on the forehead
- “crow’s feet” in the corners of the eyes
- pronounced nasolabial folds “smile lines”
- wrinkles on the neck (vertical and horizontal)
- temporary removal of sweating on the legs, palms, and armpits
The use of Dysport is effective in the same cases, as well as:
- in the presence of obvious and newly emerging facial wrinkles;
- with neurological defects of the face;
- if necessary, to “open” one’s look.
How does the procedure work?
The injection contains inactivated botulinum toxin, acting as the main active component. It neutralizes nerve impulses in the area for a certain period of time. Thanks to this, the muscles relax completely and stop contracting. The result: muscle tissue “pulls” the skin and straightens it out.
The main advantage is the quickly noticeable effect of the procedure. For this reason, it is used quite often in cases where it is necessary to rapidly remove signs of ageing.
The most effective injection areas are the upper third of the face – the forehead, the skin between the eyebrows(glabella) and in the area around the outer edge of the eye. The ease with which the drug penetrates the muscle tissue in the applied area enables fast smoothing and even complete elimination of facial wrinkles.
The drug is designed to interact with the muscles responsible for facial movement. It will not help to tighten the oval of the face, to remove a second chin or completely eliminate nasolabial folds. But its effects on the frontal, inter-brow and eye zones are striking.
What is the result?
According to the results of the previous procedures:
- elimination of hypertrophied facial movements that form deep creases and folds;
- visible decrease in wrinkle depth;
- gradual smoothing of wrinkles throughout the duration of the treatment;
- prevention of the appearance of new facial wrinkles.
Facial expressions after using Botox or Dysport, contrary to myth, do not disappear, but simply become calmer and smoothed. The face does not turn into a “mask” nor does it lose its expressiveness. You will still be able to show all emotions just as before treatment. On the forehead the horizontal grooves will disappear, deep folds around the nose will be less visible, “crow’s feet” around the eyes will be gone, and “smile lines” between the nose and the corners of the lips will be eased. Leaving your skin with a young and healthy appearance.
Comparison: Dysport and Botox
- Dysport – the most famous and used analogue of Botox. There is a misconception that the drugs are completely identical, but this is not true.
- The drug Dysport diverges easier, which means that a smaller amount of solution is needed for the procedure. Our doctors can correctly calculate the dosage and injection sites to ensure natural symmetry post-procedure and avoid any risk of prolonged swelling and numbness of the treated area.
- Dysport is used mainly to eliminate facial wrinkles in the upper part of the face, along with similar properties as Dysport, Botox can also be used to correct nasolabial folds.
- Preparation, contraindications, and post-procedure care is identical for the two drugs.
The decision on which to use is made by a specialist based on a comprehensive study of the characteristics of the body and the needs of the patient.
How many procedures are required to complete the course?
The effect does not appear instantly after the injection of Dysport or Botox, but gradually over a period of 2-3 days. The full effect is noticeable approximately 14 days after treatment and lasts 6-12 months depending on the individual characteristics of the client.
How many procedures are required to complete the course?
Do not use if one or more of the following applies to you:
- Individual intolerance to the components of the drug
- Pregnant or lactating
- Blood diseases, neuromuscular diseases
- Undergoing treatment with antibiotics and other medicines
- If there is inflammation around the injection site
- Have infectious or autoimmune diseases
- In the period of postoperative recovery, etc.